Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sketching to music - Day Thirteen

April 3, 2013

One year in school (I can't remember the grade I was in) our music teacher played recordings of different styles of music for us.  She told us to draw or sketch what we "saw" when we heard the music.  I remember the excitement I felt producing a picture based on music.

I've asked several people through the years if they've ever done anything similar, and they tell me no.  I think I must have had a very creative teacher.

My daughter and I have tried the sketching to music activity a few times.  As she draws, I see her brain lighting up, almost exploding.

Hopefully, you'll try this wonderfully creative activity.

Today's Creativity:  April 2, 2013

1.  Choose music (you might want to choose music a little bit out of your comfort zone)
2.  Get paper and writing utensils
3.  Turn on the music and sketch or draw

I'll scan some of our sketches and post them here.

~The Nassau Nerd

No comments: