Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Flow - Day Seven

From what I've learned about creativity, flow is what creativity is all about.  "Flow" refers to the state in which a person is so involved in a creative pursuit that they lose the normal thinking-inside-your-head voice narrating every moment of your life. 

I most often enter flow while I'm writing.  Others I've read about find flow running, painting, cooking, etc. 

Flow is a relaxing mental state, but it's also highly productive.  Reaching flow in today's noisy, tech-saturated world is hard, and yet, it leaves one both relaxed and rejuvenated.

So, I'm going to try to reach flow today.  I have some writing to do.  Hopefully, I'll leave myself (figuratively speaking, of course) and enter creative flow for a while. 

Today's Creativity - February 12, 2013

1.  Choose a creative activity you love.

2.  Try to carve out time to perform activity with minimal distractions.

3.  Strive to reach creative flow.

I'll share my "flow" experience tomorrow.  I'd love to hear about yours.

~The Nassau Nerd

No comments: