Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gift-giving - Day Ten

Increasingly, I dislike gift registries.  It's not because I feel stingy.  It's because registries seem to remove creativity from gift-giving.

An engaged couple, for example, selects gifts from a specific store and then lets friends and family know where they can shop for them.  Just doesn't seem right to me.

So, I'm applying creativity to my gift-giving this week.  I'm heading to a baby shower today, and I'm taking a hand-knitted baby blanket (my first!) and an original poem I composed for the baby.  Now, I don't know if the mother-to-be will like the blanket and the poem as much as say, a diaper genie, but I hope she will.

Today's Creativity - February 16, 2013

Consider ways you can be creative in your gift-giving.  Can you make something?

Until next time...

~The Nassau Nerd

No comments: