Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Perspective - Day Eight

To me, another aspect of creativity is the ability to think from different perspectives. 

Last night at our writing group, one of our warm-up prompts was to write about a battle among forks, knives and spoons.  I did not choose the prompt, but if I had, I would have enjoyed writing from the perspective of cutlery.  I remember telling my small daughter a story about a war between forks and spoons when she was two.

In any case, thinking from new perspectives can be challenging and fun.  Here are some "ponderings" to get you started: 

1.  What do mailboxes think about living outside protecting people's mail all day?
2.  Do houses get tired of sheltering their inhabitants?
3.  Do pens sometimes think "the grass is greener" for pencils and vice versa?

Today's Creativity - February 13, 2013

1.  Look around your home or office and list 3-5 objects.

2.  Try to imagine life from their perspective.

3.  Write a poem or a story or a memory piece from the perspective of the object you choose.

I'd love to read your responses. 

No comments: