Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rectangle, clock or amusement park for fleas? - Day Three

February 6, 2013

I found some old computer parts in a drawer.  They used to be housed inside my husband's machines.  I remember laying them aside some time ago thinking I could make something out of them.  But what?

As I gaze at them again today, I focus on new possibilities.  My goal is to use my creativity to think of these parts in new ways even if my ideas are considered 'dumb' or 'impractical' by some.

I challenged myself to see if I could come up with 15 uses for them.  It was hard.  Here's my list: 

  -Clocks
  -Rectangles in a shape collection for kids
  -Circles in a shape collection for kids
  -Mirrors
  -Tracing tool (for stairs, circles, rectangles)
  -Blocks
  -Rough surface (to teach sense of touch)
  -Smooth surface (to teach sense of touch)
  -Practice equipment for using screwdrivers and screws
  -An amusement park for fleas (if they crawled around on the rough side)
  -A 1" X 6" measuring tool
  -An aerial view of a techno-city
  -A study of how metal and plastic can work together in one product (maybe Democrats and Republicans need to study this)
  -A device for creating a spinning sound effect
  -A performing arts stage for Barbie dolls, stick people or rocks

Here's a picture of the three computer parts.



February 6, 2013  - New Possibilities

1.  Find something around your house you're tempted to throw away.

2.  How could you re-purpose the product using your creativity?  Go for 10 ideas, even 15!

I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

~The Nassau Nerd

No comments: