Thursday, February 21, 2013

Other languages - Day Eleven

February 18. 2013

My husband and I hiked this morning.  The fresh pine-scented air and the golden sunlight combined to make our time delightful.

As I hiked I thought about pine trees and how within one tree, an entire system works.  To me, it's similar to the way a sentence works.  Pine trees have bark, needles, cones, sap, branches and more.  Sentences have subjects, verbs, prepositions, adjectives and more.

If pine sap is the verb moving through the tree (sentence), then each tree is a unique sentence with an original arrangement of branches, bark and needles.  I'd like to think more about this.

Today's Creativity - Feburary 18, 2013

1.  Spend some time outdoors observing your surroundings.

2.  What unusual connections can you make between the natural and intellectual worlds?

~The Nassau Nerd

No comments: